The Hoosier A7 was specifically designed to provide maximum grip for drivers to compete in Autocross, Time Trial, and Track Day events.
- The internal structure of the A7 features a symmetric construction that uses two lightweight steel belts reinforced by a spirally wrapped circumferential nylon cap ply under the tread on top of two nylon cord casing plies.
- The A7 features a rim recess design on all sizes & its symmetric tread design and internal construction allows the tire to be mounted on either side of the car (and later be remounted inside out to further extend its life).
- The tread is molded in to a racing slick based design at a depth of 4/32 which removes the need to shave the A7 for competition
- Hoosier DOT-radials typically have very generous unmounted dimensions, so be sure to mount on appropriate-width wheels before making any judgment related to physical size.
- The section width, tread width and shoulder profile affect the clearance between the tire and suspension components and/or body panels. If the intended application is an aggressive fitment with close tolerances, it is recommended to test fit a mounted, inflated tire to check for potential contact between the tire and vehicle before driving on the tires.